Welcome to the St. Catherine of Siena school website. St. Catherine’s has a long history in West Toledo. As the area experienced a large population growth, a group of families left the Mother parish of St. Agnes and began a new church and school – St. Catherine of Siena. In 1931, the school was built and began the important mission of educating children in the Catholic faith. Things have certainly changed since then, but the one thing that has remained constant is the dedication of the faculty and staff of St. Catherine’s to continue to bring a quality education to the students through the integration of our faith. Many of our teachers have been here for all of their teaching careers. Our 5th grade teacher, Mrs. Barb O’Donnell has been here for 25 years and went to school here. Her mother, Elinor Buchele, was the first lay teacher hired at St. Catherine. Miss Cathy Johnson, our PE teacher, went to school here and has been teaching here for 38 years. Third grade teacher, Miss Gloria Snyder, has taught here for 40 years.
What a wonderful tradition we have here. Please call us at 419-478-9900 if you have any questions or would like any information about St. Catherine’s.